What am I going to miss while in Korea? Four things - my family, my amazing friends (DAJJNYS+zuchiner6!), my boyfriend (eh, a little, haha) and New York City. I know Seoul has an amazing nightlife so let's hope I won't miss the racing taxis and obnoxious sirens much while I'm on the other side of the globe. Couple of things I hope to gain from this trip...gonna have to list them cause it might get a little long.
1. Shoes - lots of 'em. I already have 24 pairs. Bring on 25, 26, 27, 28+.
2. Clothes - I've heard that clothes are either super cheap in Korea or sort of expensive. Guess I'll have to see when I get there.
3. Another stamp on my passport only because I barely travel. I still haven't been to the West Coast yet. Yes, I know...very sad.
4. Soju...lots of it. In my system.
5. So many pictures that my Nikon D40 will probably blow up. (Expect super high quality photos of Korea on here, guys!)
6. Fixed sleep schedule. My sleeping schedule is so bad...I have no solid reason as to why Korea would help fix my sleep schedule. I just think it will.
7. An eye-opening academic/personal experience - I get to live in South Korea for a month away from my parents in a completely new environment/country. How insane is that? I can't wait to learn Hangul (which is the native alphabet in South Korea) and just see Korea through my own eyes rather than through my computer screen from Korean dramas...I also get some credits for my minor, which is good too.
On that note, I'm hoping it won't be too hot there cause I've been hearing from friends that it gets super hot in Korea...almost like Florida but more humid. I've never even been to Florida and that description just sounds really, really bad. Today was SUPER RIDICULOUSLY hot in NYC and the 6 train uptown to Hunter College felt like a can of sardines. Always avoid rush hour trains, guys. Never, ever a good idea. Now to decide which shoes I'm going to bring...decisions, decisions.